Since you’re asking about supplements in support of weight loss, I’m assuming you have your exercise and meal planning needs under control (otherwise see bottom of this page). Therefore, below is a great health and weight loss supplement program for active exercisers trying to maintain/build muscle while losing fat. I also listed the dotFIT ThermAccel at the end in case you needed more aggressive appetite and weight loss support and have no aversions to stimulants.
Weight/Fat Loss & Health Supplement Program
• dotFIT Multivitamin & Mineral (based on age and gender-i.e. Active, Women’s or Over50)
o Take 1-daily with your first larger meal of the day
o Use as directed within daily meal planning (see below) and to make sure you get ~1gm of protein per pound of lean body mass (or weight if not overweight) daily from all sources divided 4-5 times daily
o Can also be used as a supplement to a meal or by itself (or mixed with desired supporting contents) to shore up total daily protein needs
o Take 1.5-scoop ~10min before and may continue to drink during workout
o Take 1 scoop immediately following workout
• Super Calcium
o Use if you do not meet the daily needs of calcium (~1000-1200 mgs) from food intake
Females take 1 or 2 daily with meals; if you need to take 2, take one with AM meal and the 2nd with PM meal; Males take 1 only if necessary
• SuperOmega 3
o Take 1 daily with meal if not consuming 2-4 svgs/wk of fatty fish
Meal Replacement Integration
Weight loss phase:
• Meal Replacements (MRs) generally supply two small meals a day and allow freedom of choice from traditional foods for the remaining allotted foods/calories. Therefore, use as two small meals within any calorie restricted meal plan of 4-5 meals since it's been shown that frequent small meals are better for weight loss than fewer larger ones especially as it relates to satiety, preservation of lean body mass (LBM) and energy levels. Get great LeanMR recipes here: https://www.dotfit.com/category-cid-1868.html
• Continue to consume 4-5 small meals daily within caloric allotment that include 2 MRs for convenience and to help ensure overall diet quality while reducing food costs
Supplementation options for aggressive weight loss and/or ease the journey
• ThermAccel do not use within 4-hours of any other caffeine/stimulant use
• As possible eat every 4-hours
• Large pre-training/event meal 2-3Hr before training
• Large post meal ~30-60min after last post workout supplement
Early morning training
• Eat a large pre-training type meal the night before
• Consume only the pre-workout snack/shake & AB before training (as shown above) & follow workout day supplement schedule above
Tournament play (multiple games)
• <1.5Hr break: bars and hydration/electrolyte recovery drink
• 1.5-2.5Hr: small pre-training-type meal
• >2.5Hr: normal pre-training meal
• 16 oz 2Hr before activity (extra 8-16 oz 1hr before on hot days)
• 4-8 oz every 20 minutes during activity
• 20 oz for every pound of weight loss post-activity
*Use electrolyte formula (e.g. Gatorade) and water as directed
The dotFIT program contains all fitness needs, as it contains personalized diet and exercise programs that will take you all the way in reaching your goals (non-clinical). Here are your 3 options in using the program assuming your goal is health and body composition change (weight/fat loss while maintaining and/or building muscle):
1. You can visit one of our licensed health clubs using the club finder. The fitness professionals in our licensed health clubs can give you direct service for all your fitness goal nutrition needs (non-clinical).
2. If a club visit is not a viable option, you can receive all your diet, supplement and weight loss (or muscle gain) needs online from the dotFIT program. Go to the dotFIT home page and register for free. From there simply follow instructions creating your program and setting your goal. The dotFIT program will give you the meal plan outline with the proper calories and protein to get started, track intake and monitor results. It will also give you your supplement recommendations and exactly how to use them. Every week when you enter your weight and/or bodyfat, the program will tell you what to do until you reach your goal.
There is also a complete exercise program you can use to create the proper program to accomplish your goal – and again, just answer the simple questions and your exercise program will be created. However, if possible, we recommend one of our trainers to help you get started. On the dotFIT website you’ll also see a category called “Learn” where you will find many frequently asked questions and answers.
3. Reply again to this email or call us at 877-436-8348 and we will put you together with one of our phone coaches.